APLUS Sun and Shadow Analysis
Meeting the technical conditions in the field of insolation is an age-old problem for every architect because limiting the time of insolation below the values specified in the regulations causes the loss of qualification of the premises as a residential one. The APLUS company in cooperation with the largest Polish architectural offices has created a software overlay AutoCAD and Revit, which, based on the current Polish regulations, performs the analysis of insolation, quickly giving a clear answer answer ready to be presented to the investor or the office.
The APLUS overlay applies both during design and analysis of the finished project. Behind its help, in a friendly and intuitive way, you can quickly examine the duration of sunshine for the entire project including its impact on buildings neighboring and design an optimal solution. If the time of insolation is insufficient, then the application graphically shows the exact place where it is happens and how much time is missing, according to examples of legends:
Non city center zone chart (on the left) and city center chart (on the right)
The time of performing the analysis using the APLUS overlay is
from 5 to 15 minutes depending on the accuracy and expected
resolution. Thanks to this, you can do several
analysis of different design variants in the same
the time when other programs perform only one
analysis. Performing the analysis is simple and intuitive enough,
and at the same time fast, it does not require an additional designer
workload or skills. This saves you money
more time to design and avoid making
subsequent time-consuming variants.
The final analysis can be developed in two different ways. Depending on your needs, we can choose one of them or use both. Both ways have their own pluses, but also cons. Some problems are easier to solve fast picture analysis, and some are easier to do linear method verification without the need for modeling three-dimensional solids. Both of these ways mutually they can be complementary, depending on the case.
1. Picture method - creates drawings showing
with color areas with different sunshine times.
In addition, the darker color is highlighted
there are areas that do not meet the selected norms
The color and saturation level as well as the precision of the analysis performed can be partly selected by the user himself. Thanks to this, ready drawings practically do not require further graphic design and are legible for the office.
Pros of the method:
• Examination of all visible windows at once.
• If the result shows that it meets the conditions, then on he definitely meets them.
• Analysis based on simulation of real lighting.
• Readable also for people from outside the design industry
Cons of the method:
• If the result shows that it does not meet the conditions, then it does not always mean that it is true.
• The result is calculated at each point in the window, not for the window as a whole.
• The final result of this analysis shows where potentially there is a problem, but not as optimal solve it (every minute, check it out on the eye and repeat the analysis).
• The need to model the whole area in 3D best with windows.
2. The linear method - calculates the time of insolation, after indicating the first and last rays of the sun reaching the window, it automatically describes the hours and the total time of insolation, which allows to determine on the basis of auxiliary lines. This analysis is based on an automated traditional "ruler of the sun".
Plotting insolation of individual rooms it is much simpler and more intuitive. At the same time allowing the study of insolation including balcony slabs, taking considering the entire height of the window and the thickness of the wall, which is difficult and time-consuming to get traditional a line of the sun.
The standard sun line is not for everyone obviously, ours has a three-dimensional equivalent sampling of persons who have received points, and time calculates the situation without approximation "More or less".
As the only application on the market, APLUS generates no only the lines of the sun for the solar time, but also for time zone of any location and day of the year. Rulers of the Equinox of March and September considerably they differ from each other, which increases ambiguity in the interpretation of regulations and is the source of conflicts.
Spring equinox 2018.03.20, Władysławowo
Autumn equinox 2018.09.23, Władysławowo
Pros of the method:
• The final result of this analysis shows where potentially there is a problem and how to solve it optimally. You can enter in advance, every minute, required the time of insolation of the neighbor and thus exactly design the location and shape of the new building.
• A 2D project is sufficient to prepare the analysis.
• The analysis takes into account the shape of the joinery, bay windows, and boards balcony.
• The method allows to calculate the time of insolation about the minute.
Cons of the method:
• Examine each room separately.
• Requires a lot of spatial imagination from the designer.
How to best perform the analysis (method 1):
Verification of the project for insolation it's best to do it in two simple steps:
1. Analysis of insolation of the entire estate / quarter from the top view:
On this analysis, we can point all places potentially underexposed.
2. Analysis of all facades in perspective views:
If the analysis shows that all facades they are sufficiently lit, this analysis is ready to submit to the office.
If, however, we see windows that are entirely marked as underexposed it is necessary to perform the analysis detailed:
1. Analysis of problematic fragments of the facade.
2. Analysis of individual problem windows.
Ananysis for March (left) and September (right)
The final result - combination of March and September analysis
The above analysis shows the room in which there is a risk of not meeting the sun exposure conditions. They can be accurately verified using the linear method:
As you can see from the analysis, none the points are not sunny 3 h does not mean that the whole window does not meet the conditions.
The combination of these two methods allows you to quickly solve most design problems, e.g.: design withdrawal of the building's body on subsequent floors to discover underexposed windows.
What distinguishes APLUS on the market:
1. One analysis is three resultant images at once: for March, September and the common part of both these months (March + September = result). Speed of receipt the result gives you the opportunity to take precise design decision. That is, according to technical conditions, one image is created which shows meeting the conditions in March and (!) in September.
2. Possibility of obtaining various analyzes: flat and three-dimensional, which complement each other.
3. The entire analysis can be carried out directly in AutoCAD or Revit with installed our addition, without the need for export project to another program, which is the case for many design changes significantly affect time performing the analysis.
4. Taking into account balcony slabs and shape windows.
5. Adaptation to current Polish regulations.
6. Our software is the only one that generates Twarowski's "ruler of the sun" for official time and in three dimensions, which allows you to understand and interpret the analysis even for beginner designers.
Our company has solved much in a similar way other time-consuming design problems, e.g.:
• Analysis of the absorptive capacity of plots.
• Automatic surface combinations:
- import, export, Excell / CRM / SQL
• Wholesale cleanup of project files.
• Designing ramps and stairs.
Our solutions are used by over 40 thousand. designers all over the world, including leading architectural offices in Poland. We also offer other services e.g., writing applications for AutoCAD and Revit, generating catalog datas of apartments, cleaning projects. We conduct trainings and help the studio create and effectively implement standards office.